The concept of adding a motor to a traditional push scooter is an idea that has been around for a few years now, with varying designs and specifications. The all new CityBug Electric Scooter is the ultimate urban innovation and is the only electric scooter you will ever need to know about.
J & R Sports have been working tirelessly for over 15 years to continually bring the biggest brands and the best products to our customers and we feel that the CityBug Electric Scooter is a product our retailers will love.
When you first see the sleek, elegant design of the CityBug, you would be forgiven for thinking that it was nothing more than a large push scooter as there are no visible cables, but hidden away inside the deck and protected by a rubber platform is a 36v Lithium-ion battery waiting for you to take it for a ride.
The battery of the CityBug Electric Scooter has a range of 0-15km (0-9.5 miles) on a single charge and can reach speeds of just over 10mph - which is pretty quick! There is the option to limit the speed of the CityBug to just under 4mph with the push of a discreet button under the deck.
In keeping with the sleek design of the CityBug the charging port is located on the side of the footplate and has a rubber seal to prevent dirt and debris entering into the port. Charging time is typically less than three hours but a full charge will be indicated when the LED charging light on the charger turns green. The battery power level is indicated on the integrated display panel that is well protected within the body of the scooter along with the power button. Thanks to the brushless motor, if you are unable to charge your electric scooter for the return journey, you are able to continue on and use your CityBug as a normal scooter.
Did we also mention that the CityBug folds? No? Well, it does! At the front of the scooter and surrounding the integrated display panel, is a silver latch lever which releases the internal mechanism and allows a quick, smooth movement when folding and unfolding. the size of the scooter becomes a little over 15" (40cm) high and just under a metre long.
Riding the CityBug Electric Scooter is a dream and after having pushed off, the brushless motor that has been integrated in the rear wheel, delivers the power to set off. The handlebars, which are easily adjustable to suit your height, are free from brake and throttle levers allowing your hands to rest comfortably on the textured grips.
The usual twist or lever style throttles have been forgone and in their place a patented push/pull handlebar system that provides a gradual acceleration when pushed forward and deceleration of power when pulled towards you. With this intuitive riding system, there is no sudden burst forwards during acceleration like you would get from the usual 'twist style' design.
As mentioned above, deceleration works the same as acceleration - by pulling the bar towards you to slow your speed. Whilst it is not advisable to ride outside of your capabilities, the CityBug Electric Scooter comes with a rear brake that will bring the scooter to a controlled stop. As an extra safety feature, if no weight is detected on the platform the 36v battery will cut out.
- Solid Rubber Wheels (7.6" Front & 7.2" Rear) with Tread
- Li-Ion (Lithium Ion) 36v Battery
- Integrated LED Battery Status Indicator
- 250w Brushless Motor
- 3 Hour Charge Time
- from 0 to 15km (from 0 to 9.5miles) Range
- Top Speed of 10mph (Can limit to 4mph)
- Safety Cut Out if no Weight Detected on Deck
- Height Adjustable Handle Bars
- Complete Weight 12.5kg
- Note: powered transporters are subject to legal restrictions on their use. It is the rider's responsibility to use powered transporters safely and in permitted areas in accordance with current rules and laws.
- Important note about battery range or duration on all of the electric battery powered products available to purchase at Scuff Wheels: due to the nature of battery power storage technologies and associated physical limits and constraints the estimated range or duration of batteries is, in all circumstances, to be considered as an approximate indicative estimated value, (depending on ambient temperature and working conditions) and always intended to be from 0 up to the maximum achievable in testing condition as stated by the manufacturer.